Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's my daughter's 4 month birthday today, yay! She does so much smiling now, it's really great to see. Geoff's wanting to start her on rice cereal right away, but I've heard waiting until closer to 6 months is better so we've been going back and forth on that. Also, I want one of those Bumbo or Bebepod chairs, but he doesn't think we need one. Devon has a doctor's appointment this week so we agreed to ask him what he thinks about it.

On another note, we went out to eat last night and she was so good, we actually got to finish our meal somewhat leisurely (albeit slightly faster than normal because we kept thinking she'd start getting fussy at any moment). Several of the staff stopped by our table to tell us how cute she was which made us feel really happy and proud. We think our next adventurous step might be a movie, but I can't stand the thought of paying that much money only to have to walk out of it if she gets fussy. I guess that's why you'd call it an adventure and nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Anyways, I've been wanting to get back into shape (and by back into shape, I'm hoping the shape I was in back in high school, though I know that's just a dream). There are a couple of stroller exercise groups around, but they're really further from my house than I wanted to go. Of course, since I don't have the will power to push myself to exercise regularly it may be worth it. I don't know, I'm still debating. I also looked up a couple of mommy groups around here, but it seems most don't start joining those groups until baby is 6 months and the playdates are really centered around toddlers. I was thinking maybe the groups do a stroller walk or something, but again I'm faced with the age dilemma and my own fickleness. It doesn't help that I have this fear of people not being warm and friendly, not liking me, my clothes, my body, etc... Oh well, I'll revisit this later like maybe when Devon's closer to 6 months.

No comments: