Friday, December 12, 2008

Ok, I'm a horrible mother. I was sitting on the couch with Devon in front of me, when I saw her lose her balance and fall head first into the drawers of the coffee table. If you look at the christmas picture on my blog you can see the bruise on her cheek. I felt awful, and still do, even though there's not really much I could have done differently (though obviously I've not fully baby-proofed the house). I immediately picked her up and she cried for a bit, but she seems to be none the worse for wear. However, my feeling that I can just put her down to crawl/play on the ground and everything will be fine has gone.

On another note, we tried a new food the other day... prunes. She seemed to enjoy them enough, but the next day's diaper was a nightmare! Of course SO was at work so he didn't even have to see it, much less smell and deal with it. I'm now on a no prunes campaign unless she's having digestive issues. SO thinks it's just hilarious though.

2 comments:

Felicia said...

Your daughter, Devon, is beautiful! Thank you so much for stopping by and for also taking time to donate to a worthy cause!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by for my giveaway! What a bright-eyed baby you have! Oh, yes, prunes....the magic poopy maker!